Furniture help please!

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Ashley e, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Ashley e

Ashley e New Member

Hello!
    I have ownership of 2 dressers that I am pretty sure are antiques and I have been asked to sell them. All I know is that they are 40+ years old and are solid wood with some characteristic wood work to them. Is anyone able to help me or put me in a direction to figure out what they are?

The smaller dresser has the numbers “70341” stamped on the back but I cannot find a manufacturer or anything else on it.

Is there an easy way to upload pictures? Each time it’s twlling me my files are too large and I don’t know how to make them smaller.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

You need to resize photos. Are you using a cell phone?

3. Ashley e

Ashley e New Member

Yes I am

4. Ashley e

Ashley e New Member

I figured it out! Here they are!! Thank you 1244FB82-A925-4F7B-AF1A-57D37F09CFD9.jpeg 149D606B-403A-4A6C-8D3D-85E0E2389479.jpeg 07258621-E3E7-4508-967B-91A99B715F28.jpeg FDE1B8C0-1D2D-40CE-AD1B-97A6C0CFC006.jpeg 54DE650E-C90D-4CDB-8DF9-D49CAEB5EB62.jpeg

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

very nice !

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Ashley e! Not antique (which would be 100 years old) but 1950's - 1970's looks about right. Not a clue who made them, but have you tried looking inside the drawers?

yourturntoloveit and Ashley e like this.
  7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers Ashley!

Ashley e likes this.
  8. Ashley e

Ashley e New Member

Something I did not know but probably should have... lol! I took a quick look in the smaller one and did not see anything. I will check again for sure. I only looked in the back so far.. Thank you!

9. Ashley e

Ashley e New Member

Thank you!

10. Ashley e

Ashley e New Member

Could you recommend a price you would sell these for?
    I’m not finding any further markings... as of right now. I cannot get down to look underneath until I have some help.

11. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Sorry, I am not a seller (of anything.) But others who are may have thoughts on that. Where are you? (since location matters)

12. Ashley e

Ashley e New Member

No worries! I am in Western Massachusetts- I just don’t want to over/under sell.. when I know these are quality pieces

13. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

These are from the 60s give or take. Not terribly high value since they don't have the really clean lines or light finish people seek from this era. Also believe that the drawer pulls are not original. It is the kind of thing I can usually pick up in the 40.00 range (per piece) or less sometimes. At retail, they might go a bit higher. (particularly if painted). I am in the Midwest. Your market might be a bit better but I doubt by much.

judy likes this.
  14. Ashley e

Ashley e New Member

Thank you so much!!

judy likes this.
  15. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

Welcome Ashley.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted