Featured FYI - An article about new ways of scamming people

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Mill Cove Treasures, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Thanks, MCT
    I've already gifted others so much money online through social media that I just don't do it anymore.

3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Wow, interesting. Thanks, MCT!

pearlsnblume and kyratango like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The old Work from Home scam, gone 21st century. People still fall for that???

lloyd249 and kyratango like this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Always try to be cautious, but you just never know when you could be hit!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

kyratango likes this.
  6. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

they try i see them coming all is good

7. lloyd249

billions every year they say

kyratango likes this.
  8. lloyd249

someone hacked Nicks email/facebook (close friend and partner in helping with my picasso chair) a few months ago check it out .... i caught on as soon as they asked me for cards/money , as I knew Nick would never ask for cards/money of any kind lol but it does take practice and investigating to spot them (spelling and grammar mistakes are a key clue ) . they had all of nicks contacts and some actually sent the cards to the scammer . they, them, those guys,lol can pose as one of your friends and/of family member and scam the pants off you watch out for this one also goes by many names.... love the show catfish, shows you how to investigate these scammers . DSC00040.JPG DSC00047.JPG

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    antidiem likes this.
  9. lloyd249

p.s. unless you want to play along with them for awhile (i get them riled lol) don't respond to them, once you do they know there is a live person at that email and will send you every scam in their arsenal and sell your email to another scammer , and don't mark it as junk ,delete and block it right away.

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted