G Ibberson & Co. cap crimpers

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by TanyaG, May 13, 2022.

1. TanyaG

TanyaG Active Member

Hi! My dad was in the EOD (US Army) and he picked up lots of stuff in his travels. I've been trying to research these cap crimpers (to sell) and have come up with very little. I know they’re British, but that’s about it. And they look very different when compared to the ones made here. Perhaps they call these by a different name across the pond?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_0717.JPG IMG_0721.JPG

LauraGarnet02 and judy like this.
  2. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

I was searching around the day you posted this and got distracted by what I can't even remember, and I'm finally getting back to it today, LOL.

The only thing I could find is an old sold one on WorthPoint, which, besides the 'fiddle mark' is also marked Nobel and has a patent number, which would be worth looking up. I wonder if this is an Alfred Nobel invention that he commissioned Ibberson to manufacture.
    Screenshot_2022-05-13-18-04-18.png
    nobel-ibberson-fuse-cap-crimper-eod_1_cee5c2e1483c0af59ce4c198b673512c.jpg
    nobel-ibberson-fuse-cap-crimper-eod-02.jpg
    Also found an old Ibberson advertisement. I will plunk it into the thread just for the heck of it.
    bced3b5cb719483a3444a3646cf73ce8.jpg
    And darn, I have lost the link to Worthpoint, but that will be easily re-findable.

komokwa likes this.
  3. TanyaG

TanyaG Active Member

LOL, I’m easily distracted…. I forgot that I posted this & just happened to land here now!

Great info, thank you so much! I’ll look into this in the morning. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted