Featured Gabriel Urban (?) Murano Perfume Bottle

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Oct 17, 2022.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I know. I know. I am pathetic. Another perfume bottle. Actually, I picked this up a while ago and just chalked in up to another modern bottle until I saw the work of Gabriel Urban Murano. I found three like mine. One is signed. One only has a sticker. Mine is unsigned. It is 4 3/4 inches high and almost two inches in diameter.

Here are the other bottles:

(art 11937) Reticello Murano Glass Bottle - Free Shipping (gvoggettistica.it)

s-l400 (1).jpg

(art 11946) Reticello Murano Glass Bottle - Free Shipping (gvoggettistica.it)

bottiglia-reticello-vetro-murano-11096 (1).jpg

Gabriel Urban - Bottle A Canes IN Murano Glass | Mercari

[​IMG]

My bottle:

thumbnail_IMG_6901.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6902.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6903.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6906.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_6905.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Wait for @Ownedbybear because she is much better at these art glass bottles but the one thing I noticed is the difference in the stoppers.

Also while yours is still attractive it doesn't appear to have the same crisp lines as the other two bottles.

Any Jewelry and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

Sounds good. I just ran across the Gabriel Urban bottle yesterday, while searching for something else. He did a lot of bottles, but with different effects.

bercrystal likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Hm. I don't think this is Urban. The stopper, as @bercrystal says is too clunky and the aventurine is too flat, for want of a better word. And it's not as freeform curled, plus the dauber is thick. The bottle itself not refined enough.

Which doesn't mean to denigrate it, it's a pretty wee thing. I just don't see a good Murano maker.

5. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you so much for your detailed analysis. It helps me learn what to look for. I see you and beryl’s point which I didn’t see immediately. I appreciate your trained eye. I won’t put it in the case of with the better things. I can live among the lesser pieces is all.

bercrystal and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted