Garage Storage Clean Out,WSS Green Wool Blanket(Military,College?)

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by antiquelover69, Nov 1, 2021.

1. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

My husband cleaned out a woman's garage and found 2 green blankets,has "WSS,56 SAM_4106.JPG SAM_4100.JPG SAM_4101.JPG SAM_4102.JPG ,LL.I'm not sure if it's military,collage or what.She said her husband had passed and she didn't want anything in the garage.Any idea.Measure 69 1/2x46".

judy and Rayo56 like this.
  2. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

Maybe SSM, and 77? In other words, upside down?

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Summer camp?

Debora

4. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Heavy wool blanket.
    Oh, if so, them poor kids cause that looks like one heck of an itchy wool blanket

[​IMG]

5. antiquelover69

yep heavy:happy::happy:

judy and Rayo56 like this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Summer camp in Maine?

Debora

NewEngland and Rayo56 like this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

AND, YEP, ITCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. antiquelover69

:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

9. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Ugh ! We grew up with old wool army blankets that my ex marine father swore by,and my brother and I hated those things with a passion ! The worst part is they lasted forever until mom finally was able to get rid of them. I will say they kept you warm.

Rayo56, all_fakes, NewEngland and 6 others like this.
  10. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

I remember teaching winter survival classes. Although the blankets were scratchy, no one complained when they were finally able to get some ZZZZ's. :)

antiquelover69, Lark and sabre123 like this.
  11. OldWhitby

OldWhitby Anything Old

I had a similar blanket with "WVS" embroidered in. It had come from my mother-in-law who had been a nurse in England during the 2nd World War. We conjectured that WVS stood for Women's Volunteer Service.
    There is a market for these old blankets - I sold this one for Can$90. Crafters buy them and cut them up for something.

Attached Files:

12. antiquelover69

Wow! thanks so much!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted