Featured Garnet (?) sterling brooch

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by BMRT, Oct 19, 2019.

1. BMRT

BMRT Jewelry cherry-picker, lover of silver

Hello again,

I have a brooch which is marked “925” and no other markings. I believe the middle is garnet but I’m not sure if it is. When I hold it up to the light it has an almost brown tinge to the red. 7E22E296-D3A6-4013-95E9-589BBA0486F6.jpeg ED13C6FD-9F5B-45B0-842D-12F0170877B5.jpeg F78F99F2-8BF7-44ED-A2FD-0E1EA0808AD6.jpeg

The design is rather exuberant and large but to me isn’t recognizable from anywhere in particular. The clasp having it’s safety makes me think this is not a super old pin but I felt it was worth asking opinions.

What age could this have? Any significance in the design? Is this a garnet or glass?

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice chunk of silver.....:happy:.... not too old....but attractive..

3. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

The only way to be sure is to have the stone tested. No one can tell from a photo!

Figtree3, judy, Any Jewelry and 3 others like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Send that to me.....I'll do my ....errr, best, to see what's going on with it.....might take me a LOOOOONG time though...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::happy:

judy, BMRT, Any Jewelry and 1 other person like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It could be any of a number of stones.
    Some garnets are brownish, and some carnelian is dark reddish brown, and then there are other possibilities.... so best to have it tested.:)

judy and BMRT like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Aqui, you are too kind.:D:hilarious:

judy and BMRT like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted