George Jones and Sons madras ware England

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by JKantique, Sep 23, 2019.

1. JKantique

JKantique New Member

4C010AFB-4B21-4A98-B663-B50D1ED37B29.jpeg Hello, this is my first post. I recently bought this miniature vase (4 1/2 inches) at a market. The base reads George Jones and Sons Madras Ware England. I am not sure if it is genuine and my research of this maker hasn’t turned up much to compare it to. I wonder if anyone has some experience with this to share?

cxgirl likes this.
  2. JKantique

JKantique New Member

3. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Yes that's the George Jones logo, no reason to fake it so yes your piece is genuine ..a bit out of the ordinary perhaps, but genuine.

cxgirl, Bronwen and scoutshouse like this.
  4. JKantique

JKantique New Member

. Thanks very much. I am pleased to hear that!

blooey, cxgirl, Bronwen and 1 other person like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's fine. Small relatively inexpensive pieces like this aren't faked.

JKantique likes this.
  6. JKantique

JKantique New Member

I paid $15 for it so hopefully I didn’t overpay! It’s a lovely little vase and was very curious about the history. There seems to be very little about madras ware online other than a few large pieces.

Draft saved Draft deleted