german artist Hermann Werner

Discussion in 'Art' started by antik7, Jul 8, 2015.

1. antik7

antik7 New Member

Good time. Search information about name of this two artworks.
    And may be anybody can tell me where this works I can sold.
    Best regards

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      280.8 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      397.6 KB
      Views:
    KingofThings likes this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Finding that he was German (1816-1905) with a high auction record of about $9000.00 in 2004. More recently (2012), his works have sold in the $1000-3000.00 range. There may be more recent sales records than this but this is what I found with a quick search. As always, genre paintings with children and animals are good sellers so think you may have some fairly desirable works there.

3. verybrad

Found this painting with similar theme to your one that sold for $1250.00 in 2012. It is currently being offered on a private dealer's site at $7500.00.

hw.jpg

4. antik7

antik7 New Member

Thaks for your comment. I too search on web and find many deals by that artist.
    But I can find any information about his artworks and date of creating. May be You can recomended to me some people which know something in art world or has friendly collectioners?

as usually say - every little helps(Ukrainian proverb)
    best regards

KingofThings likes this.
  5. verybrad

His birth and death dates are in my post above. I found one work dated in the 1880s. I think it is safe to assume he primarily worked in the late 19th century.

As to selling, you are probably best to list with an auction house or try on ebay yourself. I assume you are not in the US? If not in the US, I could not presume to recommend an auction house to you. Perhaps some of the other people here could.

6. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

7. antik7

antik7 New Member

8. antik7

antik7 New Member

Thanks for your advice. But I want search collectioneers without any auctions houses, because I have many other artworks and antiques. Search not only buyers, but search people with whom I can collaborate or exchange items. I know that strategy works because have some expirience.

best regards

9. fidbald

fidbald Well-Known Member

JMHO.
    I don't see any other group of collectors outside Germany going for this artist although his technical capabilities are okay. perhaps a few Americans with no taste or savouring German kitsch ?
    the Germans themselves don't know in which drawer they should put him; Realismus or Romantik ?
    easiest is ebay.de.

Draft saved Draft deleted