Germany Pitcher - Reminds me of Boleslawiec

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Apr 20, 2018.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Buddies! I could use some help with this pitcher. It measures about 6 1/2" from spout to handle and stands about 4 1/4" tall. It is marked Fireproof Made in Germany. It reminds me a bit of Boleslawiec so I'm thinking maybe its from either East Germany or the part of Germany that later became Poland. Any help regarding manufacturer or even style would be much appreciated. Thanks all!
    Don
    IMG_20180420_110439160.jpg IMG_20180420_110537862.jpg IMG_20180420_110549656.jpg

2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Can't really help but the decoration definitely reminds me of the decoration on Poland pieces I see.

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I agree.......

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Me too.

judy likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Same here, but it's not an exact match. Odds are it's a cultural thing that crossed back and forth over the boundaries early and often. Western Poland was under Prussian and later German control from 1795 until 1918, and there are still strong cultural connections.

judy likes this.
  6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It looks like the pattern called Peacock in Line.

Draft saved Draft deleted