Geschutzt kitsch Deer

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by KSW, Sep 8, 2019.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

More of my random stuff:smuggrin:.
    I know it’s kitsch (and actually quite cute)but I’m interested in if we can date items by the Geschutzt mark?.
    I think it’s celluloid as it’s that fragile plastic.
    I think it is a much copied model as I found the hideous vase on the bottom photo which is clearly the same deer and the seller thinks is 60s and is marked Hong Kong- the question is which came first? Presuming the German one?
    The price on the bottom dates it pre- decimal but can the Geschutzt mark narrow it down at all?
    I’ve tried to Google but the answer on t’internet is as @Jivvy puts it ‘squirrely’
    97D45313-6840-4101-8E7C-0571B006F17F.jpeg 3CC8AC1D-125E-4712-890E-E86C29A02987.jpeg DBF95D16-2EF9-4552-8DBB-EB684EC44AF5.jpeg 40B3E16B-FC13-4BD1-AFAA-22D5BD58FE1D.jpeg

Houseful and Bronwen like this.
  2. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Fid, Bronwen, Christmasjoy and 3 others like this.
  3. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Thankyou.
    It certainly does look as if copied from the wood ones.
    The reason I thought they looked the same was the 'scoop' just behind the shoulder is so similar but again that would come from the wood model.
    Off to google Styrene - that's a new one for me.
    Any thoughts on the Geschutzt mark dating it or no?

Bronwen, antidiem and judy like this.
  4. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Thank you! I have been banging my head trying to rattle that bit of info 'round to the front. :joyful:

Bronwen and KSW like this.
  5. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Geschützt on its own would be Austrian. Gesetzlich Geschützt is German. but without an additional brand mark and/or signature it's useless and has no legal power. for the history I'd had a page made once for the ebay discussion boards but can't find it anymore, sorry. too lazy to research it again. might be 1890s onwards.

KSW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted