Featured Ghost Children

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by AntiqueBytes, Aug 16, 2021.

1. AntiqueBytes

AntiqueBytes Well-Known Member

This looks in real life like it does in the scan, like two transparent children playing with the other children on the snowman. It is 5.5" x 3.25"

snowman.jpg snowman ghost children.jpg

lovewrens, pearlsnblume, judy and 2 others like this.
  2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

My eyesight is deteriorating... I can't tell which are the transparent ones!

3. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

You are not alone. I was also guessing :)

4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Me three, I don't see it :(

CheersDears and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Maybe the children moved a bit while the picture was being taken?

AntiqueBytes and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. AntiqueBytes

I don't know what it is. The horizon line of the path on the left that goes right into the snowman shows through the child on the left of the snowman. Likewise, there's some kind of line going through the child on the right.

Look at the patch of grass in the background where the one child in the back is standing. Do you see it's edge? The edge is shown through the child on the left of the snowman (the non-standing one).

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. AntiqueBytes

I think you three must be three ghosts trying to cover for the two fellow ghosts in the picture. Have to get up pretty early to fool me.

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Maybe a double-exposure? Quite easy to do by accident or intent with older cameras.

9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

It's always difficult as old photos can suffer deterioration just sitting in a box, and where stored can affect a lot.....there's obviously damage to your original.....I'm sure a restorer could help a lot....if that's what you chose....

snowman.jpg

AntiqueBytes likes this.
  10. AntiqueBytes

I wonder if it was some attempt at a ghost photograph forgery. The external damage seems to me too integrated to be random but I have no problem believing it was random.

11. Aquitaine

If you look at that boy bent over on the left in the front....he looks like there's 'cardboard corrugation' on him somewhat!! Also a little in the water WAAAAY to the left........

AntiqueBytes likes this.
  12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Oh, like these people?
    :)

Ghostly people resized.JPG

13. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I think it's coincidental, with tonal values in the background almost the same as the values in the children.

CheersDears and pearlsnblume like this.
  14. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Well we had to try. That’s how the whole ghost thing works.

Figtree3 and AntiqueBytes like this.
  15. Aquitaine

16. David Kiehl

David Kiehl Well-Known Member

Often old photographs fade. Usually, the topmost layer fades first creating a ghosting appearance.

pearlsnblume and AntiqueBytes like this.
  17. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

@AntiqueBytes - what is the in the background? A train? Odd covered bridge? Can you tell?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  18. AntiqueBytes

@Bookahtoo behind what looks like a covered bridge or perhaps covered train tracks is just the night sky up above. It almost looks like a distant mountain range but I don't think that's it.

I am observing the texture of the picture to see if there is any residue from another object it was in contact with and I do not see any. On the back there is some black residue from being in a photo album.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    pearlsnblume likes this.
  19. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

I think some kind of ‘out of focused’ fence? The supports looks thin for a train bridge or any bridge (except maybe a foot bridge) On the right close to the house there looks to be a gate. But a bridge for a river or stream doesn’t make sene (if you look at the location of the building)

20. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Scary stuff. I was watching a doc the other night on places that are haunted. There was one establishment with a guy called "faceless Fred" who haunts the place and those that work there. Friendly ghosts, yes, bad ghosts I do not want to see em.

Draft saved Draft deleted