Featured Gilded Glass Vase maker ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brubaker50, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Brubaker50

Brubaker50 Well-Known Member

D4963CEC-9C52-417C-819F-D00E5F3B9CB9.jpeg 6D211A1D-F913-46C3-A055-2536AFBEEEF3.jpeg Came across this lovely green/clear glass with gilding vase around 8 inches in height with a polished Pontic mark on the bottom .Decorated with acorns and a butterfly could anyone point me in the right direction see who made it .

2. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

I do not know but the design and artwork has me thinking Bohemian.

3. Brubaker50

Haven’t see Bohemian glass that looks like this simple vase as I have seen a lot .The gilding is very heavy dont know if it’s real gold thank you for looking.

4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

What about something like Mont Joye?

5. Brubaker50

Will have a look I’ve handled lots of Bohemia and other makers but am curious who made this interesting piece .Its also shaped in an oval which I haven’t seen before thank you for replying much appreciated.

6. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Can't help on the maker, but it seems earlier than the standard between-the-wars Bohemian glass.

Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  7. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

LOVE IT !!! ... Joy. :)

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Late 19th Bohemian.

Ghopper1924 and Christmasjoy like this.
  9. Brubaker50

There’s what’s described on other Mont Joyce vases as columns round the oval shape vase so that could be the maker of mine which has them interesting ,would they polish the center of the bottom to finish and top edge of vase gilded.

dgbjwc and Christmasjoy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted