Give me some objective comments about these pieces

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Asian Fever, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Asian Fever

Asian Fever Well-Known Member

Really want you guys give me some objective comments on these pieces based on collectors and artists points of views. Thanks.

However, I cannot upload pictures and it shows picture too big... But my pictures are less than 200k. Don't know why

2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Lucille.b and sabre123 like this.
  3. Asian Fever

finally, it is able to be uploaded.

I hated the uploading..... very hard to upload high quality pictures.
    I used photoshop and still cannot upload. already made the picture very small.

Attached Files:

4. Asian Fever

5. KikoBlueEyes

6. Asian Fever

hand chased and hammered sterling silver plaque.

IMG_0769.jpg

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    KSW and Aquitaine like this.
  7. Asian Fever

hard to upload...seems like I cannot copy and paste pictures directly

Attached Files:

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  8. Asian Fever

KSW and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  9. Asian Fever

10. KikoBlueEyes

Just use the upload a file feature. It’s much easier and be sure to click Insert as “Full Image”

KSW and kyratango like this.
  11. Asian Fever

We can see details of hair, eyebrow and beard.

upload_2020-12-11_22-59-43.png

KSW, Houseful, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  12. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

certainly nice, but it would be good in both cases to either show any hallmarks or confirm with testing.
    I don't see very much value above silver value with the horse if it isn't a well-known champion.
    Jesus always sells and it would be the right time of the year or around Good Friday.

pixieforpapa, cxgirl, judy and 3 others like this.
  13. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Interesting, I occasionally get religious jewelry pieces but try to stay away from them unless they are unusual. They don't sell for me, or if they do, I have to carry them around for years until the right buyer sees them :(

judy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  14. Asian Fever

Unlike the pieces shown on websites such as JMbullion or other coin dealers. These statues are way far more detailed overall work. because they are handchased and hammered in every corner. Almost Flawless. The actural work is much better than photos. I have seen many statues and silverware such as buccelatti and georg jensen. These things have much better detailed finsh work and handwork.

hamptonauction and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  15. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

I see nothing in the photos to suggest these were hand chased.The horse appears to be die stamped/embossed and the Christ appears to have been cast.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  16. KikoBlueEyes

17. Asian Fever

juses is casted then handchased the surface to make it perfect. horse is hand chased with frame casted and hand chased to finish in detail.
    It looks perfect because the skill of work and make them looks like machine made.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  18. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, are these some of the artworks you have mentioned wanting to make and sell yourself (or having made for sale?)

KSW likes this.
  19. Asian Fever

yes.

20. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

I can only say about my experience with France and earlier in Switzerland. around xmas everything religious flew off; from crucifix hangers, bookmarks to postcards of the Vatican and saints and popes, everything and much more than I thought.
    I once had to help GF to clear an apartment and found 150 postcards of Popes - oiwei, I thought, but listed them on a local platform - bam, 100 Swiss francs ! 40 catholic French medals, not even nicely done, most of unknown local saints, ebay France with starting price between 1 € and 3 €. bam, some taller ones 25 to 30, the smaller ones for 5 to 8, an obviously super rare one from a disappeared pilgrimage chapel in Alsace 53 € !!!
    unbelievable for a former Prodie and nonbeliever.

Draft saved Draft deleted