Glass bird - is this Italian?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Beverly F., Mar 7, 2021.

1. Beverly F.

Beverly F. Member

information about this item 003.JPG information about this item 003.JPG information about this item 003.JPG information about this item 005.JPG information about this item 006.JPG information about this item 009.JPG information about this item 010.JPG information about this item 008.JPG information about this item 007.JPG information about this item 006.JPG information about this item 010.JPG information about this item 010.JPG I got this at the same Trash and Trinket sale (got the little glass dishes in) that was held in the retirement home in probably the early 90's. This bird would not have been new. I have hunted for a mark and don't see any. I plan to keep the bird but wonder if it is Italian? Any comments would be welcome. One thing I am learning here is how to reduce the size of my pictures.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    judy and TraceyB like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Beverly. Only 1 of your attached pictures appears large enough to see any detail. It would be best if you use the EDIT, Other Options function to change your thumbnails to Full Image for all of them. Don't forget to SAVE!

3. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Yes it is a Murano piece

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

it could be from many countries. Lampwork was done all over the place. it's well done.

5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

This isn't lampwork unless your lamp is an industrial welder :wideyed: (too big)
    It's a known Murano model. I've owned variations of it, it's by one of the big names IIRC

TraceyB likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted