Featured Glass bottle - Perfume Bottle?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Roshan Ko, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Roshan Ko

Roshan Ko Well-Known Member

Dear All

I have found - this glass bottle.
    looks like a perfume bottle. With a stopper. Not sure if the stopper is original to this bottle. though it could pass off. I could not find any markings on the bottle.

Will let the pictures do the talking. let me know if you need more or better pictures.

IMG_8599.jpg IMG_8600.jpg IMG_8601.jpg IMG_8603.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Neat bottle.......wait til the glassies see this one !!!!:happy::happy:

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Love it.:)
    Not sure either, pretty though. The glassies will probably know.

kyratango likes this.
  4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

it's a beauty! can't help with maker but design looks like lower case Greek letter lambda...

kyratango and aaroncab like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Does appear to be a marriage. Bottle and stopper not of the same colorway or of the same era. The bottle itself is art deco, the stopper earlier.

Debora

kyratango, aaroncab and CheersDears like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Roshan, could you photograph the stopper against a dark background so the central design stands out?

judy and aaroncab like this.
  7. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Paging Peggy @bercrystal.
    She may be able to help as she is the maven on perfume bottles.

judy, aaroncab and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I agree this is most likely a marriage of dauber & bottle. I would expect this bottle originally had a stopper that not only had the same coloring, but also echoed the very Art Deco geometric design of the bottle. This stoppers appears to have more of a floral design in the center.

That being said I would vote for Czech/Bohemian origins most likely on both. There may be an acid etched mark somewhere on the bottom of the bottle. It could be very faint & hard to find. You can try breathing on it to see if your warm breath can fog it up a little. Also standing next to a window or holding the bottle under a bright light while tilting it in multiple directions may show the mark.

I hate that the original stopper is missing from this bottle because it looks like it would have been a real stunner that I would have gladly squeezed into the cabinet with all of its cousins. :D:D:D:D

Welcome to the forum Roshan Ko!!!! :happy::happy::happy:

9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Here's an art deco perfume bottle with stopper. Yours wouldn't have been anything like but it provides an example of the type of design integrity one would expect.

Debora

images.jpg

10. Roshan Ko

Stopper image 1.jpeg Stopper image 2.jpeg

Here you go AJ. I hope it helps. Looks like some flowers?

11. Roshan Ko

[QUOTE="bercrystal, post:

That being said I would vote for Czech/Bohemian origins most likely on both. There may be an acid etched mark somewhere on the bottom of the bottle. It could be very faint & hard to find. You can try breathing on it to see if your warm breath can fog it up a little. Also standing next to a window or holding the bottle under a bright light while tilting it in multiple directions may show the mark.

Welcome to the forum Roshan Ko!!!! :happy::happy::happy:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I tried breathing trick and no luck. Will try and give it a good wash with some liquid soap and see if any luck on that.

What do you suggest i do with this. Can i use it as a incense reed diffuser bottle?

PortableTreasures and kyratango like this.
  12. bercrystal

The best thing to clean perfume bottles is good old fashion Isopropyl acohol. It will clean any dried up perfume & will evaporate. I will use a spray mister bottle on the outside & wipe it down with a paper towel. I have a multitude of bottle brushes that I use for the inside, but this one is the best for getting into corners.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hagen-Mari...037051?hash=item5b4388687b:g:DyIAAMXQ-BZQ-E5I

13. Roshan Ko

@bercrystal is there any way to get rid of the dullness or fog on the crystal ?
    the ones that get faded with use and water being stored in them.

kyratango and pearlsnblume like this.
  14. Any Jewelry

Thanks Roshan. Yes it does look like flowers.
    The style of the stopper looks a bit older than the bottle, but not much. I don't mind the combo, but I am not a perfume bottle collector. Both bottle and stopper are gorgeous.

kyratango and pearlsnblume like this.
  15. bercrystal

Yes there is, but it can be expensive. It involves some type of acid & some sort of material tumbled around to eliminate the layer of etched glass. Needless to say this should be left to someone who is familiar with the process.

Draft saved Draft deleted