Featured Glass console bowl and acorn themed candy dish?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by jakes vintage, May 7, 2015.

1. jakes vintage

jakes vintage Well-Known Member

Hey guys
    I was curious about these two i dont ever remember seeing these in my years of hunting and selling anyone wanna take a stab at them i think the acorn covered dish is the most interesting with the different figured panels but that's just my taste
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Love the covered dish, but more curious about the bowl - I have one in green and know nothing about it............

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Check Gillinder "Classic" for the covered dish.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  4. jakes vintage

Hit the nail on the head with thst one Thank You!

*crs* and KingofThings like this.
  5. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

I like the covered dish too. Is the top finial broken or just my bad eyes?

gregsglass likes this.
  6. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

the Gillinder & Sons #403 Ware - Classic, c1885, piece is a butter dish. Hard to tell from photo if finial may be damaged; other photos of the finial show that the branch as flat end.

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  7. jakes vintage

Thanks Tallcakes that if definitely takes the cake! Very detailed I love it Thank You!

8. jakes vintage

9. jakes vintage

The finial does have a sliver chipped off it looks like the rings in the pattern are missing across the center. Poo!

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  10. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

Its still a lovely bowl Jake.:cat:

11. jakes vintage

Thank you Spirt!

12. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I like the bowl. Swedish maybe? A lot of Swedish glass relies on stickers and isn't marked. Once the stickers are gone, it's hard to ID.

Draft saved Draft deleted