Glass lamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Beginner, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Beginner

Beginner New Member

Can somebody please help me with this lamp? I find it really beautiful, the seller wants a lot of money for it, not an amount I would normally spend on a lamp. It is made of dark blue glass with faceted oval orange elements. Diameter is around 45 cm, the glass has some visible scratches, probably happened during transport.... They say it comes from an old mansion in Germany. Any info will be welcome, age, land of origin etc. Many thanks for your help, Andreas

Attached Files:

i need help and Bronwen like this.
  2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Looks 1930's/40's Bohemian (Czech) to me - hanging lamps similar (a bit plainer) were once quite popular in the uk in the 50's

3. Beginner

Beginner New Member

Many thanks, you're my first lead, much appreciated.

i need help and Ghopper1924 like this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Beautiful fixture but I wonder if this might be much more modern? Just can't think of any old ones quite like this.

UncleChuckTX and i need help like this.
  5. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

"Beautiful fixture but I wonder if this might be much more modern? Just can't think of any old ones quite like this."

My sentiments as well. It's an inverted bowl, so reminiscent of early 20th century fixture in that respect, but the glass itself looks contemporary.

UncleChuckTX and i need help like this.
  6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

7. Beginner

Beginner New Member

Wow, well researched, it is the exact same one. I spent hours and hours searching the internet and couldn't find anything that closely resembled this. My seller wants 1000 Euro, I wonder what this one went for????? Thanks again, much much appreciated.....

8. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Sorry, other than that link, I have no information.

9. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

So just one more thing that has been 'retrofied' then ...:oldman:

Draft saved Draft deleted