Glass object no markings almost amber brown color. 1 to 3 pounds weight (1.3kilo?)

Discussion in 'Art' started by Ihaveolditems, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Ihaveolditems

Ihaveolditems Active Member

Should I not have bought this? It cost me $3 and I have had it for a few hours... it is kind of brown/amber color. There are a few tiny air bubbles in the glass. It appears to be a knarled/knarly tree root on top?

Attached Files:

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

$3 is always a good price for a whatsit!

It's hard to tell from the second picture. Is the underside convex or concave?

Christmasjoy and Ihaveolditems like this.
  3. Ihaveolditems

Underside is concave

4. Bakersgma

Then it's a lid from something else.

5. Ihaveolditems

I don't know it doesn't seem to be deeply enough concave to keep it from falling off or sliding off whatever object would go under it? It's a what's it until further notice ;)

6. Ihaveolditems

It makes a fine paperweight though

7. Bakersgma

It's definitely not a piece of "art" but is made of glass. My suggestion would be for you to post this in the Pottery, Glass and Porcelain Forum so the right eyes can see it and weigh in.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  8. Bakersgma

And another thing you should do, is take a picture of it directly from the side when it is upside down.

Another idea. You may need help for this, but if someone could hold a tape measure or small ruler vertically while resting on the surface of the center of the whatsit and then you take something flat that would rest on the outer edges of the whatsit, you could get an accurate measurement of "how concave" it is.

Ihaveolditems likes this.
  9. Ihaveolditems

I think i can manage to get the concavitures measurement

Draft saved Draft deleted