Featured Glass pitcher with silver rim painted flowers

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Picked this up today. Rim was black so people passed it by. It has a break in the glass under the rim on one side. I'm trying to tell how old it is. Modern? The swags of handpainted flowers look 1930ish. The base has a concave center. There is a letter "G" in the medallion on the front under the lip. It's 9 1/2" tall. IMG_0199.JPG IMG_0197.jpg IMG_0196.JPG IMG_0200.JPG IMG_0201.JPG IMG_0203.JPG If I can make a couple dollars on it, fine. If not, it will look good on the sideboard with flowers in it.

2. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Very pretty Bev ... LOVE IT !!! .. Joy.

SBSVC, judy and i need help like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

BEAUTIFUL and SO delicate looking!!!!! I love it!!! Absolutely would look gorgeous with flowers....real or a fantastic dried arrangement!!!!:):):)

4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Bev, I know nothing about your pitcher, but it's certainly very sweet!

You must be having a busy summer - haven't seen you around much of late. Hope you're having fun!

judy and i need help like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's pretty darned old. If there are marks on the silver they might give you a clue. I'd say it's 1920s/30s from the floral swag, but I could be wrong.

6. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Not a single mark on the silver. That's the first place I looked. It's an unusual shape on the top. Do you think the crack makes it unsellable?

Yes, we've had a VERY busy summer. Hubby isn't getting home until 6-8, working Sat. and sometimes an emergency on Sun. We hired a young man and even he's busy. We also hired a young woman for me to train in the office. I really want to start painting again. She never worked in the office, so there's been a lot more training than anticipated. I'm hoping by fall I can start working half days and have time for painting and antiquing.

Bakersgma and SBSVC like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

No idea how sellable it is; I don't buy glass for resale most of the time, except a few paperweights. It's pretty though.

8. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

9. Bev aka thelmasstuff

So it probably had a cover. I may go back and look for it!

10. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Thanks for pointing me towards Heisey. I found one that looks almost like mine. The difference is, Heisey has a star impressed on the bottom with the Heisey mark.

11. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Bev, you may be right, but I thought that was a blown tankard, wouldn't have a Diam0nd H.

12. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

I have a beautiful large pitcher with similar cutting on the (bulbous) sides though no floral decoration. The rim has the same hammered silver. And it also has a similar crack. No marks on the glass or the silver. I've never been able to ID it.:(

13. Bev aka thelmasstuff

The closest one I found was going for $125.

Draft saved Draft deleted