Glass Swan- Appreciate any opinions on possible maker

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Mar 22, 2023.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Friends - I would appreciate any suggestions on who might have made this solid glass swan. It measures about 5 1/2" long and 4 3/8" tall. The bottom looks a bit like a puddle if that makes any sense. I'm not sure what's going on with the tail. I think a little bit of extra glass was added to finish off the point but it could also be a crack. Anyway, it's got a little spot in my glass animal menagerie and I was just trying to find out a little more about it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
    Don

Sorry but I'm not getting the prompt to add these as photos directly in the post.

Attached Files:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

3. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

the color is chestnut although I don't know how widely used that it with glassies... it looks like V. Nason for Cenedese to me - but I thats just a hunch....

Bronwen likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Chestnut! I love it! It's not quite brown, smoke, or green so chestnut really seems to fit. Thank you for the new term and the manufacturer lead.

And Bronwen and Aquitaine - Thank you for getting my photos into the post. Still don't know what I did wrong but I'm working with a new phone so suspect I'm still in the learning curve.

Thank you all very much!

Bronwen, bercrystal and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@dgbjwc - I did look through my "Glass Animals" book but did not see anything like this under swans, geese, or ducks.

Rclinftl likes this.
  7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you, Peggy!

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted