Featured Glassies ,am I Fenton or ....?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, Dec 4, 2021.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi all. Picked this pretty thing up thinking Fenton,but I cant seem to find a match. Theres a weird hatched triangle mark on the bottom that I also havent found yet. Im hoping one of yall will remember seeing it. Its 6wx2h .Any input is always appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dude, TallCakes, judy and 3 others like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

This is really beautiful blue roses rosebowl, Johnny.
    I think it's one of the 1990s Fenton.

dude, judy and johnnycb09 like this.
  4. johnnycb09

Wow,that was quick ! Thank you !

dude, judy and Potteryplease like this.
  5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Beautiful bowl, Johnny!

dude and johnnycb09 like this.
  7. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I have a reference book on Verlys which I think in 15 years I've opened about 6 times, now 7. This piece would have been made by Verlys in France, not Holophane. Holophane mostly made glass stuff for commercial applications, like lens for lights etc. But for awhile (since they were a subsidiary of Verlys) Holophane made some of their moulds here in the US (in Ohio close to where I live). Then Heisey rented a few moulds and made some pieces and then Fenton bought some of the moulds and made several items and continued to make them for some years. The Heisey/Verlys and Fenton/Verlys pieces were quite beautiful and sold well. Many still do but I haven't seen too many lately. Perhaps if you look at Glass Etch and Pattern Gallery (under Verlys AND xxx) you can find some good photos.

dude, pearlsnblume and i need help like this.
  8. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I just looked up that bowl on ebay, like yours, with the old Fenton sticker on it. Maybe when Fenton bought the moulds from Verlys, they bought some existing inventory as well? I think the reason I don't use my book all that much is that there are so many questions it doesn't answer. Or like Imperial did with Heisey moulds, the first few times they used them they left the Heisey mark in the mould. From what I've seen of Verlys items vs Fenton items, this sure looks like Fenton glass to me. For resale purposes, it probably doesn't matter too much. It's a beautiful bowl.

dude, antidiem and i need help like this.
  9. johnnycb09

Such great info ,thank you all so much ! I will say though that I have a few pieces of Fenton and this bowl doesnt seem as thick as those . Would Verlys pieces have been thinner ?

dude and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

That other bowl with the Fenton sticker tossed me a curve ball. So I just read again the dates/times who made what section.

Do you see anywhere on the piece a mold impressed script signature, for instance on the bottom rim or other place? Or do you see a scratched Verlys signature with a diamond tipped pen?

dude likes this.
  11. johnnycb09

I just checked,just the hatched triangle.

12. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

antidiem and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted