Featured Glassies: Heisey Twist #1252 Sahara Celery?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Oct 9, 2021.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Good evening folks. I believe I have a Heisey Twist Sahara Celery Dish #1252 and looking for confirmation or direction. This measures 12 1/4" long x 4" wide x 1 1/2" high. Looks like it would glow like crazy but it doesn't with my blacklight. I have seen it IDed as Twist and Empress. I have serious doubts about it being Empress 20211009_113342.png 20211009_113430.png 20211009_113511.png

2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@Cherryhill - If he doesn't know it will remain a mystery. ;) :happy::happy:

LauraGarnet02, *crs* and judy like this.
  3. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

My elegant glassware book shows a 10" and a 13" Celery Tray in the Twist Pattern. ( this does look like twist.) Colors (yellowish) listed are Sahara and Marigold for the 10" and Marigold only for the 13".

4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

5. *crs*

That is what I was reading also that there is a 10" & 13". I know that there are discrepancies in measurements sometimes.

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  6. *crs*

Perhaps these pics are a little better. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Is it signed with Heisey's Diamond H?. Its not No. 1252 Twist.

bercrystal, LauraGarnet02 and *crs* like this.
  8. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

It's doesn't appear to be Twist. Does it have a Heisey diamond H Mark?

LauraGarnet02 and *crs* like this.
  9. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I've seen this piece a few times before at auctions and about all I was able to do was shrug and say "not Twist" so I never purchased one. Maybe it's not Heisey, so I put it through the R site's image finder and didn't come up with anything there either. As I recall, it was a very well made piece that I thought should be Heisey.

LauraGarnet02 and *crs* like this.
  10. *crs*

No Heisey mark :arghh: Thanks for checking in Peggy, Don, Tom, Pam and Bdigger

Draft saved Draft deleted