Featured Glassies , help me out here !

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by johnnycb09, Mar 24, 2016.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi all . Picked all of these up today from a 75% off booth ! My favorite kind ! I think the pelican is Murano ,and the owl might be too ? The little glass animals are probably chinese , but I HAD to have that peacock so I bought the whole bag ! I also thought the little vase interesting ,never seen one quite like it . Any and all input is very much appreciated . DSCN4014.JPG DSCN4020.JPG DSCN4021.JPG DSCN4017.JPG DSCN4018.JPG DSCN4016.JPG

2. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

I really like all of them, you lucky fellow you. ;)

3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I was delivered by a pelican, not a stork, according to the hospital where I was born. For awhile, my mother collected pelicans to gift me. I put them all on Ebay a long time ago. Don't miss them. This guy's a cutie, though.

5. Bev aka thelmasstuff

If she'd collected glass ones instead of wood & metal, I'm sure I'd have kept them.

6. yourturntoloveit

Oh my goodness, that is so interesting that the hospital used a "pelican" as the deliverer of babies. I'm not asking for the location of the hospital, but I would like to know if it was near a (large?) body of water.

Have you ever heard of other hospitals doing such as that? ;)

Kasperscuriosities likes this.
  7. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas Army hospital. I can't figure out if there were pelicans flying around there or not! It's on the river.

8. yourturntoloveit

I just think it so original. ;)

9. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

If I had to guess, would say the pelican is Murano. Just looks so substantial. Maybe the owl, too. Is that aventurine in the base?

I love the vase, very unusual. Good score!

10. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I love the vase too ! Its 4 3/4 tall and 3 wide , and the finish intrigues me . It looks like it was clear glass that was dipped , for lack of a better word . But its not painted , its glass . That's what caught my eye on the owl was the silvery , aventurine looking base . But the bottom is puzzling me how its cut to see the layers ?

Draft saved Draft deleted