Glassies: Help please with cake plate, bowl with underplate, small divided dish

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Happy!, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Hope you guys may recognize these, thank you in advance!
    1. Cake plate measures about 13" in diameter.
    TOP:
    P1200842 400.jpg
    BOTTOM, has 3 tab-like feet:
    P1200843 400.jpg
    2. Small bowl with underplate, about 2.5" tall; 6" diameter across the top. Overhead lights kept messing with the rippled pattern.
    P1200871 400.jpg P1200870 400.jpg
    3. Small divided dish:
    P1200889 400.jpg P1200890 400.jpg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

#3 is Hazel Atlas 7" Three Partition Dish. It falls under Depression Glass.
    Don

judy, anundverkaufen and Happy! like this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

#2 might be Hocking's Old Cafe. Another Depression Glass pattern. Sorry, not even a guess on the cake stand. Need to see the base. A shot of the cake plate upside down might help.

Don

judy, anundverkaufen and Happy! like this.
  4. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Hey Don, thanks for the help, I like knowing what the pieces are. There is a pic of the underside under the 1st pic of the top. There is a glass ring around the base, and 3 tab- like protrusions/feet. Hoping someone can ID it.

judy likes this.
  5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Oh, Happy, I apologize. I thought they were both pictures of the top!:oops::oops::oops: I don't recognize it but I'll do a bit more searching.
    Don

judy and Happy! like this.
  6. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Don, no problemo, do that myself! Thanks for taking the time and effort to research. I could not find it, but am probably using the wrong keywords.

judy likes this.
  7. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

The bowl and the under plate do not belong together. the under plate IS Hockings OLD CAFE pattern (depression Glass) The bowl is something different I don't recognize, but I think it is much later then the Old Café,

8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I'm trying something new for me here in posting a photo I found on pinterest. I searched under "cakeplate three feet" and came up with this image. Unfortunately there is no picture of the just the plate itself but it does provide a different search avenue. I also tried to search "ball and swirl cakeplate" and "candlewick look a likes" but didn't come up with anything helpful.
    Don

c9aca6cf54e169888e67b76c46ec2efa.jpg

9. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

Thanks so much bdigger and Don. That helps. Funny, this one also has an aluminum lid, though it does not say CAKE on it...guess this one is a mystery.

judy likes this.
  10. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

The plate may have been produced as a special order by one or several glass factories for the company selling the aluminum top. As a result it may not have been in any particular glass company's line. Most likely a dead end I'm afraid.
    Don

11. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

Try to reach out to tallcakes

12. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

@TallCakes help please! Is that what you mean Mugzinnys?

judy and Mugzinnys like this.
  13. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

the plate has the raised gallery that reminds me of those sold with metal covers by the truckload at dime stores back in the day. Tho' the size is a bit larger than most. I'd describe as vintage 13 inch 3-toed/footed swirl cake/torte plate.

Figtree3, judy, Happy! and 1 other person like this.
  14. Happy!

Happy! Well-Known Member

TallCakes, sorry for the late reply. You really helped us as your description makes sense for the time period, thanks!

judy and Mugzinnys like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted