Featured Glassies, help with a lamp, stems, vase and candlesticks.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Sep 1, 2018.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone. I've been collecting things I need help with. I've looked at McCain and 2 Metz books and can't find this lamp. I thought Manhattan at first but no, these are ovals. Maybe not EAPG? 10" tall to the collar.

003.JPG
    This vase is amberina although it is ruby down to the very base which is orange/yellow. 5 1/2" tall, 4" diameter at the top.

005.JPG
    006.JPG
    These stems (I have 3) are pale yellow, slightly opalescent, have a faint optical and have a bright blue top and base rim. 4 7/8" tall, very thin glass with some bubbles here and there.
    007.JPG 008.JPG
    These candlesticks are more turquoise than my photo shows. I thought Viking or Pilgrim but can't find any like them. 3" tall, 5" in diameter.
    010.JPG 012.JPG

As always, many thanks to you all for all your help. I sure appreciate having you to call on when I just can't find info!

Linda

2. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

judy, cxgirl and TallCakes like this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

the vase is a reproduction of McKee Bros. 'Sunburst' (AKA: Aztec) likely by Kemple

UncleChuckTX, judy and cxgirl like this.
  4. lvetterli

Thanks so much, TallCakes and Uncle Chuck! You guys always come through!

Linda

judy and cxgirl like this.
  5. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

There's Amberina, made with gold in the batch, Then there's red glass with some yellow in it, made with Cadmium and Selurium. Your is the latter. Some call it amberina, because of the red to yellow shading, but its not the same at all. Just so you know.

UncleChuckTX, judy and dgbjwc like this.
  6. lvetterli

Thank you, Cherryhill. I learn so darned much here! Nobody with any info on the lamp?

judy likes this.
  7. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

I think the lamp is Dalzell, Gilmore & Leighton, I don’t know pattern names but try thumbprint.

judy and UncleChuckTX like this.
  8. lvetterli

Thank you, at least it's giving me a direction.

Linda

judy likes this.
  9. Brazos

Brazos Active Member

I believe Dalzell is correct for the lamp maker. Thuro's "Lamps Book One" lists the lamp as "Eyewinker Thumbprint with Oval Window Font". This was a name that she assigned, as she had no catalogue references. You gotta call this stuff something and she hit all of the characteristics of the lamp.

It dates to around 1899, give or take a couple of years. Unless someone has a catalogue sheet showing the lamp, you have all the info available.

UncleChuckTX likes this.
  10. lvetterli

Heavens, just came back to this thread, I didn't realize there was another post to it. Thanks so much @Brazos ! I'm now able to put this into my space at a mall!

Linda

Draft saved Draft deleted