GLASSIES! I need some help, please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kentworld, Feb 7, 2022.

1. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I was visiting an old friend of my mother's today and she will be moving to assisted living in the near future. She asked me about a couple of things that belonged to her grandmother. One is a pair of glass vases that I think might be antique. They are a true pair and undamaged. I didn't measure them but they are approximately 12" tall we think. Logo might be FPK or any order of those letters? Photos of one and the base below. Thank you!

ResizerImage992X2128.jpg ResizerImage985X2210.jpg ResizerImage856X701.jpg

bercrystal and Lucille.b like this.
  2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

bercrystal, Lucille.b and kentworld like this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

bercrystal, Lucille.b and kentworld like this.
  4. kentworld

Thanks so much, SIS! I did think it was German/Bohemian/Austrian and I definitely see a P F and K in the mark, but that's just my figuring. Looks like Poschinger is the likely candidate, and good to know it's Karlsbad, but I'll check a bit further if I can. Looks like they might be worth something and I'd like to help my Mom's friend out.

bercrystal and Lucille.b like this.
  5. kentworld

@say_it_slowly Another forum on FaceBook sent me a different collector's weekly article which seems to almost nail down an attribution of Franz Pallme Koenig. Their Elisabethutte factory is better known for the art nouveau glass that was popular just a few years after my friend's style. Dang, because the art nouveau stuff is still pretty collectible.

Draft saved Draft deleted