Glassies: Set of 4 Double Red, White, Blue, White & Red Stripe glasses

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Sep 21, 2017.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

I have a set of 4 double stripe red, white, blue, white & red 11oz glasses that I was hoping someone may recognize as who produced them. I've checked my Decorated tumblers book by HMW and my Fire King books. Also tried google images and replacements.com I'll probably have as much problems IDing these as I did with the ones that had arrow stripes. :( AHStripes2.JPG AHStripes3.JPG AHStripes4.JPG

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Wondering if these might be newer, as in 1980s-90s. They look too crisp to be 1930s-40s. Just my first thoughts.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    *crs* and judy like this.
  3. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

You may be right but I did clean them up as they were filthy. I learned a trick in cleaning the coloration on these type of glasses. When the coloration appears to be cloudy looking I use 00 00(double ought) steel wool on them. I figured I couldn't hurt them the first time I tried it :) Also, the bottoms of these have the look of older glass with little marks in the glass.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted