Featured Goebel blown glass vase - any info?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by aaroncab, Aug 23, 2018.

1. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Found this little hand blown glass vase with an acid etched Goebel mark(strangely mirrored as if to be seen from the top - which is impossible on this piece). Has a polished pontil scar. Most of the Goebel glass I'm finding is/are small crystal figurines. Also a few glass vases with Klimt artwork on them. Nothing like this. Any ideas how old or if this was from a certain production line? About 5" tall.

Thanks again!

29271765447_4289a8a3fe_kdev.jpg 43302402855_49210834e0_kdev.jpg 43302402465_61af747f91_kdev.jpg 29271769397_898d16a0d6_kdev.jpg 44159888952_044d1c9928_kdev.jpg

cxgirl, Any Jewelry, judy and 2 others like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Very pretty, someone will know.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Scent bottle missing its stopper, that is.

aaroncab and i need help like this.
  4. i need help

Why is it reversed? @Ownedbybear ?
    I had found a vase with reversed etch too, and it wasn’t clear glass.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    aaroncab likes this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That, I've no clue on, sorry!

aaroncab and i need help like this.
  6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Sometimes I have found glass pieces marked so you can read the siggie from the inside?

*crs*, aaroncab and i need help like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It doesn't have the straight, sanded edges for a stopper opening, like you often see on a scent bottle. Could they have made scent bottles and vases in the same series?

aaroncab likes this.
  8. i need help

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    aaroncab likes this.
  9. aaroncab

That's what I assumed - and maybe what the intention was with this piece, but how the piece is formed combined with the placement of the stamp, you can't see it from above, or from inside. Maybe just an error in production.

10. aaroncab

That's the only reason I'm hesitant to call it a perfume/scent bottle - I'd expect it to be ground, or at least a little longer in the neck, and to show some/a little scratching/wear internally, which it does not. Probably just a good a chance as it being a bottle as a vase either way I suppose.

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted