Goebel W Germany Figurine

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by GalaxyWoMun78, Jun 14, 2020.

1. GalaxyWoMun78

GalaxyWoMun78 Member

Hi!! Does anyone have a book to look up Goebel figurines?? From my research I know it’s from 1979-1990. It’s a praying Madonna, but no space between her hands and she has a head covering. The numbers are 40 102 17. Thanks! Sorry there’s four images lol 5DAE3046-4423-4C78-83AF-660CCD435416.jpeg 751A65DE-EA65-470B-97CE-9A62085DACA2.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Hi
    Use the Edit button, More Options. Next to the pictures is a delete button to get rid of the duplicate pictures. Then Save.

So we can narrow the date to 1979 - 1982/3? when the wall came down. Germany became one nation.

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  3. GalaxyWoMun78

GalaxyWoMun78 Member

Ah. Just noticed the chip at bottom. Mostly underneath tiny chip on bottom of base.
    When I looked up Goebel W Germany marks it says 1979-1990??!

4. GalaxyWoMun78

GalaxyWoMun78 Member

Thanks for helping me delete extra photos!!

5. clutteredcloset49

Well I could be wrong.
    I don't seem to be hitting the nail on the head today.

Maybe @say_it_slowly knows

Christmasjoy and GalaxyWoMun78 like this.
  6. GalaxyWoMun78

GalaxyWoMun78 Member

No. It makes sense since W Germany didn’t exist in 1990. I did find the number listed in Replacements but they are “out of stock”

Christmasjoy likes this.
  7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Sorry but I don't really know. I had to go google and found that the East and West Germany rejoined in October 1990. My marks books were published before that so when they give a date and say "to present".....they're a bit off.

I found this online however the very same site has a little conflicting info as it also says 1979-1991 for the first missing bee Goebel mark. Prehaps that's where "circa" comes in.

https://appletreedeals.com/mi-hummel-porcelain-figurines/mi-hummel-factory-marks-history/
    [​IMG]

TMK-6 “The Missing Bee” circa 1979–1991
    [​IMG]
    Use of this trademark began in 1979. Goebel removed the V and bee from the mark altogether, which prompted the nickname; “the missing bee.” Along with this change, the company also began adding to the traditional artist’s mark with the date the artist finished painting the piece. But as with unpainted white overglaze pieces, it is not unusual to find Hummel pieces of this period without the date.

This listing says this has the same number as yours but it isn't all white though it does have closed hands.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/goebel-madonna-standing-praying-2022455208

upload_2020-6-14_22-20-34.png

Christmasjoy and patd8643 like this.
  8. GalaxyWoMun78

GalaxyWoMun78 Member

That’s her but painted! You guys are GOOD. Ok so Goebel W Germany, missing bee era. She’s gotta be rare. BUT there’s a tiny chip. Ok, thank you soooo much.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. GalaxyWoMun78

GalaxyWoMun78 Member

I love her bare feet sticking out. :)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  10. clutteredcloset49

Rare?
    Tends to be a misused term in my book.

GalaxyWoMun78 and Christmasjoy like this.
  11. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

This was factory made in large numbers. In the past there was a lot of people that wanted one. Now, not so much. Supply far exceeds demand.

GalaxyWoMun78 and Christmasjoy like this.
  12. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

13. GalaxyWoMun78

GalaxyWoMun78 Member

I’m keeping her. ❤️
    I have a thing for Marys. Thanks for all the info.

Draft saved Draft deleted