Featured Gold Couching Enbroidered pieces

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by bercrystal, Jul 4, 2019.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

These are the pieces I spoke about in the other thread. I was thinking mine were 1980's - 1990's.

This one is 23 5/8" by 12 1/8".

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This one is 39 1/4" by 15 1/4" across.

This one is 20" across.

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Very pretty, Peggy! I especially like the two rectangular ones.

Mill Cove Treasures and judy like this.
  3. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Not sure exactly what advice you're looking for, but folds can cause permanent damage. When storing folded, it's a good idea to pad the folds with cotton (so they don't get flattened/sharpish). Clean rags, old linens, etc.

Lovely pieces!

4. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

My Grandmother had some of these that she used as table scarves, under lamps, etc. so they wouldn't scratch the tables. Also, very decorative as a table runner.

She would store hers on rolls like old paper towel tubes to keep them nice.
    Patd

5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

These were part of the "lady with too much money" hoard whose estate the auction house has been selling for the past few months. I got them with the one of the table lots of linen I purchased a few months back.

She never really took care of the items she bought, they just got added to the hoard. I now have them gently rolled up with tissue paper inside.

Really just wanted to make sure my date estimates were correct.

I am not really sure where they were purchased. They did travel some as some of the linen still had the receipts from Spain, France, England & Ireland inside the bags she was given when she bought the items. Given the "Dept. 6 $60.00" notation on the largest piece I would guess it was here in the US at a department store.

6. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I would have thought earlier than the 1980s/90s... but I don't know that for certain.

The "tags" look like hasty additions to me -- so the piece could be marked (for export?) without damage. I wouldn't place a great deal of value on them for dating.

Draft saved Draft deleted