Featured Gold-Filled Porcelain Transfer? Brooch

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Marko, Jul 30, 2022.

1. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I picked her up today because her face was too pretty to leave behind. I think she is GF, I believe her pin back was replaced. I think some dodo acid tested her next to the part of the clasp that was replaced. Is she transfer ware? Do you know what factory the porcelain is from, or what country the brooch is from? How old is she? Is she a painting or famous person? I searched for hours, found one likeness of her, will post link for reference only, not my auction.
    20220730_162446.jpg
    20220730_165034.jpg
    20220730_165047.jpg
    20220730_162004.jpg
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2951132538...O8rPcVwRGe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Attached Files:

judy, Any Jewelry, bercrystal and 2 others like this.
  2. Aznathalie

Aznathalie Well-Known Member

Barbara Juliane Von Krudener ????

judy and bercrystal like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Barbara von Krüdener probably lived around the same time as the lady on the portrait. For a while she had a similar hairstyle, although with more curls, but her hair and eyes weren't nearly as dark as this lady's.
    She was painted with a single row of pearls, like many of her contemporaries, but not with a double row (and cameo clasp?).

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    judy likes this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

She is lovely, and yes, probably after a painting.
    The brooch looks 1920s-30s. Many porcelain plaques for jewellery were made in Germany and France. Maybe also in Austria. They were also exported and set in brooches, pendants, and pill boxes elsewhere.
    That blue around the edges reminds me of Limoges, France, but we need our potties for a better ID.

Marko and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted