Featured Gold malachite pendant-no markings

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ratsy Brown, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Ratsy Brown

Ratsy Brown Well-Known Member

Here is a lovely pendant. A large malachite stone mounted in gold. There are no purity marks anywhere, I have spent ages looking, and I haven't yet had it tested but I am certain it's at least 9ct gold-excellent quality, signs of use but no discolouration to the metal etc.

Question is where is it from, I would guess the UK but not certain.

Weighs 28.2 grams, measures 6cmx4cm

IMG_20200126_141440.jpg IMG_20200126_141607.jpg IMG_20200126_141514.jpg IMG_20200126_141628.jpg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I agree, very nice, and beautiful piece of malachite.1960s-70s, I think.
    Looks like it is missing small stones from the surround though. Those can be replaced very easily.
    It would have been made where 9ct is legally accepted. I don't think the UK, without any mark. Maybe central Europe, Germany for instance, they are ok with 9ct.

3. Ratsy Brown

Ratsy Brown Well-Known Member

M
    Makes sense-same previous owner as the coral necklace I posted!

4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I bet it would look pretty with pearls in those empty spaces. Nice pendant, I love malachite :)

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It may well be British. There's an awful lot of Victorian and 20th C gold that never got near assay - and I've seen that rim design many times. I reckon older than the seventies. Not convinced it's actually missing stones.

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It would, but I was thinking of light salmon coral. I have seen that together with malachite, and it looks stunning. But then I have a thing for coral of course, especially salmon coral.:happy:

7. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Ohhh, coral would be pretty also!

KSW, Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted