Gold tone chain mark please help ID

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by IvaPan, Feb 3, 2023.

1. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    It's me again with my hallmarks :) This time it is in Latin and I think I managed to photo it. It is on about 30 cm chain of gold colour (not tested), with two capital Latin letters C and N and between them subscript of something like a drop or a peach. I suspect it is from the 1970s or 1980s but can be wrong, of course.

Searched in Internet but could not find anything similar. Spring ring clasp, nothing unusual, looks like an ordinary piece. If some has come across these initials and hallmark before?

Any help or clue is appreciated! Thank you very much for looking!

chain.jpg
    chainmark2.jpg

mirana likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

80''s maybe......they still made this style today...

IvaPan and mirana like this.
  3. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Komo, thank you! My guess is before 1989 based on the pendant, which was customised old silver coin of the Kingdom of Bulgaria, with attached bail. During the communist regime it was not possible to buy gold or gold jewelry free in the shops, it was illegal, so people had to be inventive. My guess is the chain was smuggled from abroad without a pendant and the pendant was customised later here by a not very good jeweler. Usual story, but the mark on the chain is unusual. At least for me.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    komokwa likes this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The mark looks like a C and an N with something in between. Not one I recognize.

IvaPan likes this.
  5. IvaPan

IvaPan Well-Known Member

Thank you very much, evelyb30! Yes, in-between I see some form, a drop or a pear.
    I do realise the chance of mark ID is not big but I just thought it was worth trying. At least I know now it is not some popular mark. Thanks again!

Draft saved Draft deleted