Featured Gold Wash Teaspoons Question, please?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Aquitaine, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi All! I have these sterling teaspoons that have a gold wash in the bowl.....problem is Mom tucked them away in just plain ole tissue paper, and they tarnished not very nicely......the sterling cleaned up FINE with just the Sunshine cloth, but the more I rub in the bowl, the more I think I’m rubbing off the ‘gold wash’.....anyone have any GOOD suggestions??? ALL help GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! AND THANK YOU, as ALWAYS!!!! A couple of pics attached.....

DF89A943-93E3-450E-B813-BF5843BBDB57.jpeg

0FA32346-829B-461C-AD87-EF937A63BD1E.jpeg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Leave the gilt alone. ;) If whatever you think is there is not coming off with a Sunshine cloth, it's not coming off period. Have you washed gently with Dawn?

3. Aquitaine

Not yet, @Bakersgma, but I will......that’s REALLY a huge shame......thanks for the idea, at least!!!:happy:

komokwa likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

@Bakers.....I DID wash them....also happen to use Dawn, so that’s the bath they got!!! It actually DID get rid of MUCH of the tarnish!!!! DON’T know WHY, but glad it DID!!!! THANK YOU!!!!:singing::singing::shy:

kyratango and Bakersgma like this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Good! For future reference, when cleaning silver, start with the wash in Dawn and you'll have a lot less work removing tarnish (and gunk) later.

kyratango, Aquitaine and patd8643 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted