Golden ring. BW&S.

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Stepan, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Stepan

Stepan Well-Known Member

Gold ring, 9 carats. In the center is a strip of white gold with stones. It is interesting to know the history of the ring and the manufacturer. Can stones be diamonds. I showed all the marks in the photo. 20220612_105942.jpg 20220612_104349.jpg 20220612_105052~2.jpg 20220612_122519.jpg 20220612_122841.jpg 20220612_123023.jpg 20220612_123403.jpg

stracci likes this.
  2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

We've had one with the same mark, never managed to find the maker. There were so many makers, and most were not recorded so it can often be very challenging to find the details. This mark does pop up with hall marks from the 60's and 70's and that may well be the date range for yours. It is of course an eternity ring, no one can tell you what a clear stone is from a pic, they need to be tested.

3. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

I have a fair few of these. Usually with clear stones but have red ones as well somewhere.
    The strip on mine is silver, not white gold and have always thought the clear stones were spinels.
    I mostly base this on one I have that that was my Grans ... she bought it new, and was 9ct & silver and not diamonds or any precious stone. The clear ones she has she told me were spinel.
    These are shockingly common for some reason here. xx

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    komokwa and stracci like this.
  4. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

Since the metal is 9 ct., I am confident that the stones are not diamonds. Most likely glass or perhaps synthetic spinel.
    I see gunk under the stones. If you give it a good cleaning it will look great!
    (Sorry, I'm always harassing folks to clean their jewelry, haha!)

komokwa likes this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Nine carat doesn't mean they can't be diamonds. It's quite common here to get precious stones in 9 ct.

stracci and BoudiccaJones like this.
  6. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

I concur, I have loads of 9ct rings with diamonds

stracci likes this.
  7. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

OP should have them tested then, to be sure.....
    They do have a glassy look, though.

komokwa likes this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That eternity ring style was such a Thing in the seventies and sixties. I've my grandmother's. Lovely story: my mama bought it for her. My grandfather died in the early fifties and grandmother never had one. So my mama, who was very fond of her mother in law, bought her one as a birthday gift.

stracci likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted