Featured Good Afternoon All! Can You Please Help me with Identifying This Necklace? TY!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by ezeepass, Aug 29, 2020.

1. ezeepass

ezeepass Well-Known Member

I have this beautiful vintage necklace that is sterling silver with onyx and marcasite. It has the 925 and the letter A marks. I’ve looked all over the web, but the only thing that came close to it is the Glasgow Date marks, which is either 1819 or 1871. I don’t think this piece is that old, but I hope you might be able to identify it. Thank you and be safe and stay well
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzduddDDDDDDddZZZ4 (3).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzduddDDDDDDddZZZ4 (4).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzduddDDDDDDddZ ZZZ (11).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzduddDDDDDDddZZZ4 (1).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzduddDDDDDDddZZZ4 (2).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzduddDDDDDDddZZZ4 (5).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzduddDDDDDDddZZZ4 (6).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzduddDDDDDDddZZZ4 (7).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzduddDDDDDDddZZZ4 (8).JPG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's very nice.

pearlsnblume, reader and ezeepass like this.
  3. ezeepass

@Any Jewelry Can you take a look at this for me? Thank you!

Any Jewelry, pearlsnblume and KSW like this.
  4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I can't help with the marks, but my got feeling is this is mid to late 20th century. I see a lot of silver, onyx and marcasite jewelry like this, plus the clasp, if original, is certainly not 19th century. JMHO and would be very happy to be proved wrong :)

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

6. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

The style of the open back with the little ‘windows’ on the chain part (sure there is a correct term for it!.) always strikes me as a more modern look but I’d like to know if that is right?. It also slightly looks to me like two pieces married but as usual that is my random meandering thought and has no basis of fact!

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Lovely necklace, ezee.
    I'm with the others, the style is not 19th century. And as Bakers said, the mark is not a Glasgow mark.
    Onyx and marcasite jewellery was hot in the Art Deco period, but most onyx and marcasite jewellery we see today was made from the second half of the 1970s onwards. Yours looks post-1975 to me.

KSW, ezeepass and Pat Dennis like this.
  8. Pat Dennis

Pat Dennis Active Member

Looks like a piece sold in department stores under the label “1928”. This was a popular retro sterling jewelry from the 70’s and 80’s. As I remember, with a price range of $9.99 and up.

KSW, Any Jewelry and ezeepass like this.
  9. ezeepass

Thank you as always Any Jewelry!!

KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. ezeepass

Thank you!

KSW likes this.
  11. ezeepass

Thank you so much KSW

KSW likes this.
  12. ezeepass

Thank you very much Bakersgma!!

KSW likes this.
  13. ezeepass

Thank you Marie!!!

KSW likes this.
  14. ezeepass

Thank you Pat

KSW likes this.
  15. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

@ezeepass you always have amazing manners and are so polite. Your mother would be proud of you :)

Any Jewelry and bercrystal like this.
  16. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

The "windows" are usually referred to as open work.

KSW likes this.
  17. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

If only all members were like her.:)

ezeepass and KSW like this.
  18. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Thankyou!

ezeepass likes this.
  19. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

:hilarious:

20. ezeepass

awe Thank you! I always do my best to treat people the way I want to be treated. I grew up that way and what you give out sooner or later is what you get back. <3

Any Jewelry, KSW and bercrystal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted