Good Afternoon Everyone! Here is something very interesting unless the company was bought out by po

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ezeepass, Nov 12, 2021.

1. ezeepass

ezeepass Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone! I hope you are all doing well!

I bought this at a thrift shop and notice the logo was blue-ish green and black instead of black with gray. I notice something was off about the logo but I thought maybe it was a newer logo. As I was taking pictures of the logo I noticed another logo underneath and the log belong to Schönwald which was used in 1968. Do you think this company was bought out or the French stole their design Lol…just kidding, but what do you think? Is it a Fake?

Here is a link to almost the same pattern, but the pink is much paler than mine
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/179008...how_sold_out_detail=1&ref=nla_listing_details

IMG_6638.jpg IMG_6636.jpg IMG_6629.jpg IMG_6635.jpg 7251145_fullsize.jpg 130-1-6317-1-of-1-300x300.jpg

Bronwen likes this.
  2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

In case you wanted to know that one on etsy sold for $175.00

ezeepass and Bronwen like this.
  3. ezeepass

Thank You and good to know. what do you think about the logo of two different companies on top of each other?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

The one on top is a decorator logo. They bought china from whoever and then added their own decoration. Their logo is meant to obliterate the name of the manufacturer of the porcelain, as that was not the important thing to the decorator.

pearlsnblume, Fid and ezeepass like this.
  5. ezeepass

Got it! Thank you so much

pearlsnblume likes this.
  6. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Schönwald made practically only hotelware.
    furthermore they have a direct factory outlet (Fabrikladen), which is always a bit a risk that someone bought up huge stocks when a line was stopped. or one of the many Limoges factories took the chance.
    the French and stealing ? JAMAIS !!! they only borrow...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

antidiem and ezeepass like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted