Good Evening All. I Need Your Help With This Marking On a Pair of Earrings

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by ezeepass, Feb 12, 2020.

1. ezeepass

ezeepass Well-Known Member

I got these today and to me it looks 1980’s Maybe 70’s. It is sterling silver and it has this marking that say (AM with what looks like a image of a man walking with bow and arrow and then D 925 above is STE). I’M THINKING AMSTED? the earring has no markings at all but both earrings backs has the same Hallmark markings. Any idea who this might be? Sorry that was the best I could do in getting a close pic of the Hallmark. Thank as always for you help. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (23).JPG ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (27).JPG ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (25).JPG ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (26).JPG ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (4).JPG

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  2. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

The clutch backs are die stamped and probably came from a findings company with no relationship to whoever made the earrings.

Kathy Anderson, judy and ezeepass like this.
  3. ezeepass

Got it thank you so much, but wondering if you thing the time period for the is correct? The style makes me keep thinking of that movie Xanadu from the 80's

judy likes this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd say 80s is a good guess; they've got a lot of Art Deco about them, but the construction is more 1985 than 1935. You may never know who made those.

Kathy Anderson, judy and ezeepass like this.
  5. ezeepass

Thank you Evelyb!

judy likes this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Love them, ezee, I bet they look great on. Another vote for 80s, and I'm with the others on the mark.

kyratango and ezeepass like this.
  7. ezeepass

Thank you Any Jewelry! yes they do and love them.

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted