Featured Good Evening Everyone! I Could Use Your expertise in identifying origin & age of these earrings.

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by ezeepass, Feb 3, 2023.

1. ezeepass

ezeepass Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone! I hope all is well. I just got these beautiful earrings and as you know I am no expert, this why I am coming to you to maybe help me with the origin, kind of stone and age. I am guessing 1970’s and stone agate, but not certain. Any help will be greatly appreciated and I thank you all in advance for your responses. Stay well and safe.

Carol

16 (4).JPG 16 (3).JPG 16 (1).JPG 16 (2).JPG 16 (5).JPG

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I think carnelian. Peru? Mexico?

IvaPan and ezeepass like this.
  3. JewelryPicker

JewelryPicker Well-Known Member

Agreed, Carnelian

also agree with Peru, where .925 purity gets marked .950 more often than not, because tourists will pay more for the “more pure” silver

IvaPan and ezeepass like this.
  4. ezeepass

Thank you So much! enjoy your evening.

IvaPan likes this.
  5. ezeepass

Thank you so much! have a good evening

IvaPan likes this.
  6. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Quite a bit of verdigris for .950 or .925. Maybe they were stored next to something nasty and caught the bug. Or maybe purity is lower.

7. ezeepass

Good Mroning! I hope you had a great weekend. I was wondering if you had any idea about the age of this piece. Do you think it is mid century or earlier? Thank you so much for your response and have a great day!

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

This is the correct orientation, isn't it? I don't think those are terribly old. Certainly not 1970s to my eye. Think much, much more recent. Only my opinion, of course.

Debora

16 (3).jpeg

ezeepass likes this.
  9. ezeepass

Hi Debora! thank you for responding, but the orientation you have is incorrect. The stone is too heavy and won't stay flat on the earlobe like the other way does.

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Thank you for correcting me. And I apologize for the misdirection.

Debora

ezeepass likes this.
  11. ezeepass

Debora no worries, I appreciate your help

Debora likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted