Good Morning All! Can you please help me with the age of this necklace? Thank You!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by ezeepass, Aug 8, 2020.

1. ezeepass

ezeepass Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone! Hope all is well. This necklace is sterling silver tested and the stones are rhodolite garnets. The clasp has sterling hallmark and no other markings. From the clasps I am thinking not this century, but would love to know your take on it. Thank you so much, be safe and enjoy your weekend
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzJade (15).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzJade (18).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzJade (20).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzJade (21).JPG

KSW likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

New from the findings.

Debora

3. ezeepass

Thanks Debora, but How new would you say?

KSW likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Since the turn of this century.

Debora

5. ezeepass

Thank you Debora

KSW likes this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Agreed - and possibly a crafter.

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I'm with the others. Very nicely made, is it long(ish)?

KSW, kyratango and ezeepass like this.
  8. ezeepass

20"

Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Craft show or home kitchen table circa 2005-now is my guess. I could do that easily, but would probably be taking it apart for the beads and findings.

kyratango likes this.
  10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Just lighter.....

zzzzJade (15)-gigapixel-scale-2_00x.jpg

KSW and ezeepass like this.
  11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It's quite pretty.

Debora

KSW and ezeepass like this.
  12. ezeepass

This does not have anything to do with this listing, but did they have Magnetic Clasp in the 50's?

KSW likes this.
  13. ezeepass

This does not have anything to do with this listing, but did they have Magnetic Clasp in the 50's? Thank you

14. evelyb30

Not that I know of; those started popping up in the 90s if memory serves.

kyratango and ezeepass like this.
  15. ezeepass

Ok I have the same necklace and I came across this site that is selling the same thing and has it 1950's maker milor from italy. I didn't know that Milor was making jewelry for that many years. Anyway, here is the site. Please look and let me know your thoughts. Thank you!
    https://www.oldvirginiagem.com/prod...cklace?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=social

KSW likes this.
  16. evelyb30

Laugh here on their dating. I'm not even sure it's vintage last week. Milor is a nice Italian jewelry factory who did sterling and gold to begin with, but makes bronze too now for the American market. That necklace isn't old at all; the clasp is a decade old on a good day and my guess is the piece was made for a home shopping channel.

17. ezeepass

lol I just read a piece that stated they started in 1979.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  18. evelyb30

Usually those beads and spacers are 80s, but back then it was generally quartz or onyx. These might be some sort of 80s Revival piece, and might even be jade. If their gemstone identification is better than their dating.

ezeepass likes this.
  19. ezeepass

The ones I have was tested and are real sterling silver and jade. so I would say they are just off with their dating and maybe need to do some research before posting. Unless Milor started somewhere else before becoming well known, but the clasps is what throw me for a loop. Thank You EvelyB

KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
  20. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Laughing about the asking price too. Assuming it is jade, even if you take away the zeros you'd be lucky to find a buyer.

KSW and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted