Good Morning All! I Have Two Pieces I Need Info on If Possible TY

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ezeepass, Jul 17, 2020.

1. ezeepass

ezeepass Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! I hope all is well and safe. The first is what I think is Japanese plate. I searched all over the internet and can find anything that looks like this. I first got the In the 80’s at a yard sale with no information. So I hope you will be able tell me something about it.

The second is this clay bottle with something in it that shakes like a rattler when you shake it. I am thinking Mexican, but don’t know the markings on the bottom and hoping you would be able to tell me

Thank you very much and I sincerely appreciate your all your help.

zzzz (8).JPG zzzz (10).JPG zzzz (3).JPG zzzz (4).JPG zzzz (6).JPG zzzz (11).JPG zzzz (12).JPG zzzz (13).JPG zzzz (14).JPG zzzz (16).JPG

johnnycb09 likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The plate is not Japanese, or even Chinese for that matter, although it is styled after Chinese design. Much more likely western (English?) given the little red numbers and the printed letter C. Try to get a "rubbing" of impressed marks or sift cinnamon on that spot to see if it becomes more legible. Likely transferware.

Can't help with the bottle.

Figtree3 and ezeepass like this.
  3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

The plate is English, but I don't know who made it. It's the same decal as Ashworth Chinese and Adams Chinese Ching. The red numbers are the pattern number.

Figtree3 and Bakersgma like this.
  4. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

I really like the plate, but I not sure of the maker.

ezeepass likes this.
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

And I really like the bottle, please let me know if you put it up for sale, I'd like to watch it..

ezeepass likes this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I know 'zip' about the plate, but the bottle is adorable!! She wants to keep it a secret as to what's in it!!!!!:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful: Probably just a seed or bead!! Maybe for Luck!!

ezeepass and janettekay like this.
  7. Tom Mackay

Tom Mackay Well-Known Member

8. ezeepass

Thank you very much Bakersgma!

9. ezeepass

Thank you very much Janetpjohn!

10. ezeepass

Thank you very much mugzinnys!

11. ezeepass

Thank you and I will Antidiem!

antidiem likes this.
  12. ezeepass

most like beads and I hope it is luck because I could sure use some lol

antidiem likes this.
  13. ezeepass

14. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

The rim matches the Ashworth exactly, it's just the colors that are different.

ezeepass likes this.
  15. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

Plate looks like English Ironstone mid to late c19

kentworld likes this.
  16. JayBee

JayBee Well-Known Member

Concur that the plate is neither Chinese not Japanese.
    Love the bottle though! If you going to put it up for auction I too would love to check it out. :)

ezeepass likes this.
  17. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

The mark on the bottle is niggling me. I think it is an American pottery — sort of a studio pottery, not a big company. Mountain something? Dang it.

The plate is mid 19th c English — any one of myriad Staffordshire potteries; like Ashworth or Mason’s (but it's not) and a host of others. The rectangular impressed mark on the right might be a factory mark.

ezeepass likes this.
  18. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I wonder if the maker and a closer date could be found by the transfer pattern. There were so many Chinese scenes and landscapes at the time.

19. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Turkey Mountain.....?.....i don't see it...

ezeepass likes this.
  20. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I like the bottle, too! Thanks for sharing.

ezeepass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted