Good Morning All! Is This A Heisey? Thank You!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ezeepass, Sep 15, 2022.

1. ezeepass

ezeepass Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone! I hope you are all in great health. I have this oil lamp I pickup at a thriftshop. I thought it was an Heisey, but the diamond is sideways and the H now Looks a Capital I. Did Heisey ever made milk glass? I did looked at the Illinois Glass Co. before they merged with Owens Company, but the diamond it more stretched out. Any help you could give me will be greatfully appreciated. Thank you and have a safe day.

Cj
    7 (15).JPG 7 (16).JPG 7 (17).JPG

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I don't think so. The "H" in the Heisey mark is oriented to the long axis of the diamond.

judy and ezeepass like this.
  3. ezeepass

I didn't think so either. Do you think it is an I? Thank you for responding to my post, I appreciated it

judy likes this.
  4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I think it is an "H", but I don't know who.

ezeepass likes this.
  5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Imperial maybe if it is an I
    No that must be wrong.

ezeepass likes this.
  6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this mark was used on imports. They confuse a lot of people, but besides the orientation of the mark, the quality is not up to Heisey standards.

ezeepass and moreotherstuff like this.
  7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

The mark is talked about on the FAQS page of the Heisey Museum site. The example mentioned is a cow covered dish. See the third question.
    https://heiseymuseum.org/faqs/

ezeepass, bercrystal and pearlsnblume like this.
  8. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Imperial has the I with a big script G atop it.

Linda

ezeepass and pearlsnblume like this.
  9. ezeepass

Thank you for responding Pearls!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  10. ezeepass

Thank you for responding and I will take a look!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  11. ezeepass

Thank you for responding!

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted