Good Morning Everyone! I Need Your Help with Two Markings On A Brooch & A pair Earrings. TY!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by ezeepass, Jul 20, 2022.

1. ezeepass

ezeepass Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone, I hope you all are doing well and having a great Morning !

I have these two pieces that I just purchased and I am hoping someone will be able to tell me who made these. The first is from Mexico and as you can see the mark is not great, and I don’t know if it is upside down or up. I am hoping you will be able to make it out and if possible a timeframe of when it was crafted. The second is a pair of earrings and I’ve been searching for the mark, but not having any luck. Thank you all for looking and for responding to my post. Enjoy your day and stay safe.

CJ

4 (1).JPG 4 (9).JPG 4 (7).JPG 4 (8).JPG 4 (12).JPG 4 (10).JPG 4 (11).JPG

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@ezeepass, sorry I couldn't do better on the mark on your first piece/pin....I enlarged a bit and contrasted....one of the others might know the maker....at least you know the first is Mexico, both are sterling, but I don't know the maker I enlarged!! The earrings are kinda cute, that mark looks like "aie" though to me......

4 (12)ZZ.jpg

SILVR MRK-gigapixel-art-scale-2_50x.jpg

LauraGarnet02 and ezeepass like this.
  3. ezeepass

Thank you so much and I appreciate you for trying. That mark on the brooch is hard to figure out and looked double stamped. As far as the earrings, I looked for aie and couldn't find it also, but I'll keep trying. Thank you again Aquitaine!

LauraGarnet02 and Aquitaine like this.
  4. Aquitaine

I would think some one of our "jewelies" might know!!!!!

ezeepass and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  5. Aquitaine

@ezeepass, I did see in browsing, that "aie" 'CAN' also mean 'amity, infinity eternity' when marked on a piece of silver.......I'd post where I found that, or I WILL when I can find it again!!!!

Here 'tis, but when I go looking, I don't see any specific pieces with the marking....so, maybe it's just me???

GOOGLE CHASE.jpg

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    Figtree3 and ezeepass like this.
  6. ezeepass

Thank you!!

Aquitaine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted