Featured Good Morning! I Am hoping someone would be Able recognize These Earrings Markings. TY

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by ezeepass, Dec 10, 2020.

1. ezeepass

ezeepass Well-Known Member

Good Morning! Happy Holidays! Happy Hanukkah! I have a pair of sterling silver kachina doll earrings, but I can’t figure out the markings and if they are modern or old. This was the best pictures I could get so I hope someone will be able to give me some information on them. Thank you in advance for all your responses and stay safe and healthy
    1AZ (2).JPG 1AZ (5).JPG 1AZ (6).JPG 1AZ (3).JPG 1AZ (4).JPG 1AZ (1).JPG

Any Jewelry, KSW and patd8643 like this.
  2. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

komokwa, KSW and ezeepass like this.
  3. ezeepass

KSW likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Indian jingle dancers.......not Katsina..

ezeepass likes this.
  5. ezeepass

Thank you Komokwa! Do you recognize the markings?

komokwa likes this.
  6. komokwa

i looked but could find nothing similar...:sorry::sorry::sorry::sorry::bigtears:

ezeepass likes this.
  7. ezeepass

I appreciate it and thank you! enjoy your evening

komokwa likes this.
  8. komokwa

And you too.............hope yer treated like a Queen tonight !!!!! :happy::happy:

ezeepass likes this.
  9. ezeepass

Me Too! lol

komokwa likes this.
  10. ezeepass

Good Afternoon All! I hope you are all well! I am still trying to find this hallmark of the images above and I can across this one that belongs to Dennis & Nancy Edaaki Zuni. This is the closest I have seen. What do you think? Thank you for your responses and have a great day.
    zuni-edaaki-dennis-nancy.jpg

11. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Where did you find this mark? With the 925 mark on your piece it probably wasn't made by Dennis.

12. ezeepass

13. ezeepass

14. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Good morning ezee.:)
    Good thing you bumped this thread, I didn't see it before.
    The mark is not the Dennis & Nancy Edaaki parrot beak mark.:sorry: The style is not like Dennis & Nancy Edaaki work either. The Edaaki's were lapidarists, making amazing Zuni stone inlay work. Here are some examples of their work:

[​IMG]
    https://westerntradingpost.com/awes...by-renowned-artists-dennis-and-nancy-edaakie/

[​IMG]
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dennis-Nan...ing-with-Inlay-Bluejay-Bracelet-/362211830198

Your earrings are charming, but I have no idea who or which company manufactured them.

The dancers are not Jingle Dancers btw. The Jingle Dance is a woman's healing dance, named after the cone shaped tobacco lid jingles on the dress. Tobacco is used as a (spiritually) healing plant, which is why jingles made of tobacco lids add symbolic value to the dress and dance.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    reader, i need help and ezeepass like this.
  15. ezeepass

Thank you Any Jewelry! Do you have any idea what the mark is and if not jingle dancer, what are these? These reminds me of the earrings I use to see in the 70's when I was a little girls and it also reminds me of the Indians and Cowboy tv shows back then too.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  16. Any Jewelry

I have no idea, sorry. I checked my book on Native American marks, but those are all from the Southwest, and this is not an SW style.
    The way your dancers are dressed looks like Plains dancers to me, and they generally have bells around their ankles or below the knee. Which is what the enamel globules are supposed to be.
    But I don't know which particular dance. It is not one of the Plains dances I know, although I have seen men dressed like that for the Grand Entry of a Powwow.
    I would just call them Native American dancers.:)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  17. ezeepass

Thank you so much Any Jewelry I appreciate all your replies! Have a great day and stay safe.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  18. Any Jewelry

You too, ezee.:)

19. reader

reader Well-Known Member

I can’t add a thing other than I like them and also do not think they’re NA. They’re unlike anything I’ve ever seen and I’ve never seen 925 on NA silver.

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted