Great mystery parts box find

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by J Dagger, Jul 8, 2021.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

34E79BA4-0F54-4FF8-85CF-2F7F75D0C891.jpeg 88678E3B-DCDB-4C9C-8440-FCA739A10104.jpeg Was bidding on some items in an online estate auction. Not a lot of high quality stuff but a little. You could tell the guy had a decent sized clock collection. There were a few mystery lots of just random boxes of parts and pieces. Photos only showed the top of the boxes so what was below was anyone’s guess. I thought based on a couple good clocks I had seen in other lots that they were worth gambling on and decided if any went super cheap I’d take them. Ended up with one for $11. It was like 5-6 boxes. In one box ended up being this John Grant carriage clock. Well it was in about ten pieces and I haven’t put it all back together yet but you get the idea. It’s in rough shape but for $11 a steal. Late 18th or early 19th century. Some go for really big bucks. It may have probably been the best thing in the estate had they bothered to check it out. Don’t collect clocks but I may hold onto this one!

AveCo, Figtree3, kyratango and 5 others like this.
  2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Congratulations. Wonderful story.

Draft saved Draft deleted