Great tool for cleaning thin necked glass pieces?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Marie Forjan, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

2. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Measures 1-3/4 inch diameter
    0630 1.jpg

3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Reminds me of the magnetic window washers to do the outside of the glass. It was fair to begin with but if you move a little to fast, it would fall off into the bushes or in my case 13 stories to the sidewalk. lol
    I use uncooked rice.
    greg

4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    For that price, go to any sporting goods store and buy some shot or BBs. A heck of a lot cheaper. I used to use them but then the drain started to eat them and I was afraid it would hurt the marine life but then they were lead now they are steel and copper.
    greg

6. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

They use something like this on aquariums.

7. Using uncooked rice in bottles/vases can be useful too, some warm water and soap, and shake vigorously.

8. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

another quite ingenious suggestion found on the web:
    "superglue a small piece of very fine grade sandpaper to the back of a wasp. Drop the wasp into the decanter and shake a couple of times. In its angry and disoriented state, the wasp is sure to rub against your stain, thereby providing a gentle abrasive action."

9. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted