Featured Greatest Thrift Store Hunt ever! Keds High Top Display Shoe, Bouchet Painting, Pop Art, More!

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Oct 8, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Wanted to show you some very cool finds I made today - maybe best treasure hunting day ever! It seemed every shelf I looked at I found something - I didn't want to leave but I had an appointment - I even thought of calling & changing it for another day; the finds were addicting!

Included were
    a BIG(!) 23" long Keds High Top display sneaker(!)
    A Platinum Fubu jacket with Fat Albert on the back
    a Anatol Bouchet painting
    a E. M. Washington etching of Key West
    2 pop art limited edition festival posters - 1) Phish Coventry poster 2) Vida Blue poster
    a John Wayne doll by Effenbee
    And one I need help with - it's a cast iron? piece of a person blowing a horn with a ring welded to the back to use to hold on a wall, I think. It's cut almost like a puzzle piece? Does anyone know what/who it is?

Thank you - and I hope you liked the photos (I took one of the Keds & fat Albert jacket together to save space for an extra photo - plus, I like the look so much I'm going to use it in my FB & Craigslist garage sale postings - I think it will catch your eye!)

CLOTHES A GROUP 1AA FAT ALBERT & KEDS SNEAKER aa.JPG ART PAINTING BOUCHET 1AA Anatol Bouchet.JPG ART PRINT E M WASHINGTON 1AA E.M. Washington.JPG ART PRINT E M WASHINGTON 2AA E.M. Washington.JPG

ART POSTER PHISH COVEBTRY BY POLLACK 1AA.JPG ART POSTER VIDA BLU BY A DANTE 1AA.JPG TOY DOLL JOHN WAYNE EFFENBEE DOLL 2AA.JPG

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST - & THE 1 I NEED HELP WITH; WHAT IS THIS/WHAT WAS IT FOR? THANK YOU!

ART SCULPTURE CAST IRON TILE SIZE 1AA.JPG ART SCULPTURE CAST IRON TILE SIZE 2AA.JPG

2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Hint: use a magnet so you'll know if something is iron or not.

3. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

I would be skeptical of the Washington woodcut, scads of them turn up on EBay. I think the oil painting is a tourist piece. I am diggin’ the Phish poster, that brings back some memories. You gotta love the Fat Albert Jacket, spent many a Saturday morning watching that.

4. journeymagazine

What is last piece?

judy likes this.
  5. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Cool pop art stuff! Yes,that looks like a cast iron wall plaque/hanging for a outside or garden wall decoration. Maybe a tribal woman playing a flute? Or maybe something that was made into a wall hanging (looking at the welding on the ring) Interesting shape . What is the size of that?

judy likes this.
  6. journeymagazine

10" x 6"
    Magnet sticks to it. I believe it's cast iron from the weight

judy likes this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Modernist woman playing a flute?:)

Boland and judy like this.
  8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

9. journeymagazine

Yeah I saw that - after I got it home! And your dead on about the price - I paid $9.95!
    Was wondering though - this is a newer one by date but I looked for it (how I learned the controversy about him) - I googled E. M. Washington Key West - and can't find this one?
    Also thoughts on the Bouchet? When I googled him I saw similar (Parisian street scenes) with really high prices! Thoughts on his paintings?
    Thanks verybrad!

judy likes this.
  10. journeymagazine

PS - also couldn't find same example of my Visa Blue pop art poster - is it a winner?

judy likes this.
  11. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

The Vida Blue poster is by David Lebatard. Vida Blue is a Band made up of members of Phish, The Allman Brothers and the Meters. This poster has sold on Ebay and it is on Worthpoint.

judy likes this.
  12. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

The vida blue poster there is another one like yours on ebay asking 125 or best offer out of 500 as well.

13. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I can't find the Key West print either. Tried both by searching Washington and an image search, thinking it might come up by someone else.

I am not convinced that all the Bouchet paintings are by the same hand. Here is an example from the askart site. Note the stylistic differences from yours.

[​IMG]

14. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Love the sneak but John creeps me LOL.

Lithographer likes this.
  15. busryde

busryde Active Member

You can trend pricing for the Phish posters at expressobeans.com. that poster was done by Kevin Pollock, who designed their first album. His posters can fetch some high $$$, however I think they printed over 10000 of these because it was their "last" show.

16. journeymagazine

Draft saved Draft deleted