Green and Aqua vase with wonderful clarity, I would like to know more about it please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Coral, Jan 9, 2018.

?

Hello I would like to know more about this vase. It has marvellous clarity.

Poll closed Jan 16, 2018.
  1. 20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Coral

Coral Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. Coral

Coral Member

Thanks Judy, I am new at this and hoping I can learn more about this vase. It was bought at a garage sale and the owner said it belonged to her Grandmother. It is 25cm high and 12 cm at its widest point. There is no signature, I have done a bit of searching and the only vase slightly similar is a Whitefriars. I would be happy to receive any ideas as to where it was made and when and who buy or any other relevant information. love this site, the humour and the knowledge

3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Coral, we have a member who knows quite a bit about Whitefriars. Let's see if she'll reply about your lovely vase!

@Ownedbybear

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Tiffany jones and judy like this.
  4. Coral

Coral Member

Many thanks I am eager to hear what she has to say

SBSVC likes this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's definitely not Whitefriars. They didn't do that shape or the graduation in colour and the green is wrong. The shape is almost Roman. It's a really nice piece.

Try joining the Glass messages forum, they may know. If you find out, please tell us!

Tiffany jones, SBSVC and judy like this.
  6. Coral

Coral Member

Thank you I will join the glass forum, I really like the piece too

judy and SBSVC like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'm now wondering if it's Japanese glass. They did some super graduated colours.

judy likes this.
  8. Coral

Coral Member

Interesting I hadn't thought of Japanese, I will start searching there. Thank you for giving me your time this is an excellent site

judy likes this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

First off - pretty piece!

The OP is posting from Australia, so British and Japanese are both possibles. It doesn't look like the Italian pieces I see here, but Swedish....maybe. It probably had a clear label on it that's been washed off.

judy likes this.
  10. Coral

Coral Member

Haven't found anything in Japanese I will try Swedish. Thank you for your thoughts, I appreciate everyone's kindness and knowledge

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted