Featured Green gem brooch

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by billyd3us, Jun 29, 2017.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

Not sure if I posted before, still trying to find out who the letter (T) is for, I know the C is possibly for copyright. 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG

2. yourturntoloveit

yourturntoloveit Well-Known Member

Please wait for others to respond but . . . I "think" (maybe) inside the "C" is a sort of "cameo" woman's head. If I am seeing it halfway correctly, it reminds me of the woman's head depicted on (old) Camay soap wrappers.;)

I did see a site discussing Camay selling jewelry at one time.

Christmasjoy and gregsglass like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks like a tree in a circle.....

4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

This pin looks familiar, I think you have posted it before, it looks like a nice costume piece. Glued in rhinestones, looks like it needs a good cleaning. Use a soft toothbrush dipped in rubbing alcohol, shake off the excess from the brush before using it. As soon as you have brushed it down use a hair dryer to dry it off, low setting. Get the back also, looks like it also needs a cleaning.

I don't know if that is a mark, it doesn't look familiar.

5. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

Possible I posted before, I have so much stuff I'm still trying to figure out the makers and artist. I just don't want to flood this site with my stuff. This brooch has been racking my brain, just wish I knew who made it.

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I tend to forget information on jewellery (or anything else) as well. So when I have found the right information, I write it on a small piece of paper which I put with the piece of jewellery in a ziploc bag.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    Melissa Brown, kyratango and judy like this.
  7. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

I see a capital T in your pic#3. I don't know if it is a mark...
    The other one is actually a C in circle for copyright, as on this signed ART piece:
    Art-589d3d4e3df78c4758d58861.jpg

8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Billy, this is your previous thread for this brooch:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/green-bow-stone-brooch.16704/
    evelyb wrote:
    "The C is a copyright symbol; that means it dates to after 1954. The aurora borealis finish on the small stones does the same thing, since it was invented then. No clue who the T is, except that it's not Trifari; they were proud of their work and always spelled it out as far as I know. This could have come from anywhere in the Northeastern US, best guess."

kyratango likes this.
  9. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted