Green Glass and Silver Colored Bracelet - Vintage?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KikoBlueEyes, Jan 21, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I am guessing this is better costume jewelry, but it has no mark and I can't figure out the age by the clasp. The glass has a slightly blueish cast that is not as visible in the photos, the smaller stones are yellow and clear. It fits close to the wrist at 7 inches. Any comments will be gratefully appreciated.

IMG_8796.JPG IMG_8809.JPG IMG_8797.JPG IMG_8799.JPG IMG_8800.JPG IMG_8802.JPG

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The shorter the older. I'd call this second tier jewelry from the 60s. Beyond that, dunno. I think I'm seeing a mark near the underside of the clasp - loop side, but it could just be the way the coating was applied to the metal.

KSW and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

Thanks so much. I didn't know that about length. It is tight on my small wrist. I wasn't thinking the best either but not cheaply made. I looked that part over carefully when I saw the picture and it is only a casting flaw. The date is very helpful.

KSW likes this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It could be 1950s too, but the shorter they are the older they are. People call some antique bracelets children's jewelry. Necklaces too. Some women were that tiny.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

I will have the check the length again then. Thank you. I hadn't thought about women being smaller being a factor. One reason I bought this was it fit tightly on my wrist. I have a faux emerald necklace that I plan to wear it with, and I was pleased to get something that might match.

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted